Branding experts often miss the mark with consulting business owners on how to brand their products and services. Branding starts with YOU! There is no other person in the world that has the mix of life experiences you have. Many people have "similar" experiences, but none have the perception you had on the experience. Your brand is tied to WHO YOU ARE! If you are in a partnerhsip, this excercise works to combine ALL efforts so that one voice is not the only voice heard in a brand (unless you are a silent partner). Therefore, let's dive into who you are first. Conduct this exercise to outline a clear view of who you are.
1. Name 5 occurrences in your past that sparked your idea for your business.
2. Write down the frustration of those occurrences and don't overlook the details. They may make you cry, but it will ensure this process to be successful.
3. Write down details about your product/service that will help your customers overcome challenges you endured along your life's journey.
4. Think of 2-3 colors that reflect you overcoming your challenges that inspired your products/services,
5. Find a shape that explains the purpose of your product/service (#3) without using words. (This part isn't necessary, but will help with those who struggle with logos that include images.)